cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 20+ Update to Android13

zylaxepav
Tuning in

Hi, I recently bought a refurbished Samsung Galaxy 20+ 5g (SM-G986U)   and it works fine with my Virgin/O2 Sim. However I can't get it to update to Android 13 which from googling looks like it should be available for it.

I have hearing issues and apparently Android 13 fixes an issue which keeps disconnecting my hearing aids.

The Service Provider is showing as SAOMC_SM-G986U_OYN_XAA_12_0007XAA/XAA/YZW

When I check for updates - it says "Your Software is up to date"

Can anyone help me get my phone updated?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @zylaxepav 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're having issues updating your phone's software. 

When you go to install the new software what is advised on this screen? Does it just not show any available updates or do you get an error message when trying to upgrade? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

zylaxepav
Tuning in

Hi Carley, When I click on "Software Update-->Download and Install"  in Settings, it shows "Checking for Updates ..." then comes back and says "Your Software is Up to Date" and it updates the "Last checked field to today". The Android version is still at 12 and OneUI is at 4.1.  Looking on various forums, it seemed the Android 13 should have been available for this phone last year or even before that.

Thanks for helping!

Hmm how odd, according to online sources the Galaxy 20+ should be able to update to Android 13. I found this information here 

If you're sure that you make and model is the Galaxy 20+ then you might need to speak with Samsung to see the reason for this issue. 

There might be members of the community that can support further here, but Virgin Media would not be able to support further with 3rd party issues unfortunately 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

zylaxepav
Tuning in

Thanks Carley, looks like I'll be contacting Samsung.

Hope they are able to get this sorted for you. 

Keep us updated if you do and they have a resolution @zylaxepav It may help with anyone else with same/similar issues on the community. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley