Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an Virgin/O2 Contract

Raspberry
Joining in

Hi,

I'm posting this for my 87yr old mum.

She's got Virgin TV and landline. She also has a mobile which was taken out with Virgin, but now I understand is with O2.  She's now been bought a new phone with another provider and just wants to cancel her old phone contract which she pays about £8 for. Doesn't want to keep the number, and the phone is hers. Just wants it gone.

She says she phoned Virgin who said they'd put her through to O2, but no-one answered after 30mins. I did a bit of Googling and told her to phone O2 on 202. She says she thinks it was an automated voice asking for a security code, but she didn't know what this was. She tried what it she thought it could be but this didn't work. I've got logged in to her O2 account for her, but I can't see an option in there.

How does she cancel this contract easily?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK. As she has a phone with a new supplier Text STAC to 75O75 from her OLD phone. That should return a STAC code.

Give that code to the new network and they will process it. Once done her Virgin /O2 account will cease and she can carry on with her new phone and new number as before.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks