cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording folder THE

JohnG7
Tuning in

In my shows a folder has just appeared called THE, in which are random channel recordings. How do I get rid of it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Deleting the Series Link should prevent future recordings happening.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not said which TV box you have - is it a TiVo, V6 or TV360?

The behaviour you've described sounds like a V6 with suggestions set to record. You could delete the unwanted recordings by the usual method but the "random" recordings can be stopped by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Suggestions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

TiVo box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both TiVo & V6 use TiVo software, try the suggestion in post#2 above.

Thankyou. I have switched off suggestions in settings (which we don’t use anyway) and after searching, eventually, found the folder “THE” in the list of “Manage Series Link”.  I have deleted it as well as the folder in “My Shows”. It is possible that is the last of it - but as I don’t know what process set it up in the first place, it is difficult to be sure. I wondered if this was a new  Virgin service but I can’t find any reference to it anywhere. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Deleting the Series Link should prevent future recordings happening.