cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being asked to re-register a device that's already registered

Graeme189
Joining in

Hi folks, yet more registration woes, I keep being asked to register the same device and thus running out of slots. This has been happening for about two/three weeks in Edge, Chrome and the TV GO app (all on a Windows 10 PC). My device list was reset today so I re-registered my PC in Edge, watched some snooker, closed the player, then when I tried to play something about a half hour later I was asked to re-register the PC. If I keep doing this I'll run out of slots and then not be able to watch anything on my PC until, presumably, my device list resets on 1st Jan. I know, I know, first world problems, definitely.... but highly frustrating. Has anyone found a solution to this?

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Graeme189,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with the the TVGO devices.

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Graeme189
Joining in

In case this helps anyone else I fixed this issue - which was occurring in both Edge and Chrome - by installing Duck Duck Go's Browser (https://duckduckgo.com/app) on my Windows machine and registering/using TV OTG in that browser. I've not been asked to re-register in the Duck Duck Go Browser since the initial registration.

Coye
On our wavelength

Re DuckDuckGo Browser , what happens when you clear the tabs and data or just close it down ? your sayng that it does not ask you to re register your device can you expand please as many ppl are having this issue