cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box not starting

hmsmith1990
Joining in

Hi

My stream box, which I only got in November, has stopped working. When I try and load it up, I get the welcome screen then a bright blue screen. I have tried unplugging and replugging. I have tried different hdmi ports on my TV and hdmi wires. The TV is working fine. 

What do I do? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try a soft reset and/or a hard reset.

Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this)

Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey hmsmith1990, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your stream box.

Thank you for confirming what you have tried, let me send you a PM so we can look into it in more depth.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?