cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds

Madwitch
Joining in

Since renewing my contract last month, my speeds have dropped considerably.  I am now often left hanging waiting for things to download.  There are no reported problems in my area.  Just wondered if it was a case of "now we've got your money ..."  I notice there are several other (old) posts about this, but has anyone found a solution?  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your area could be oversubscribed.

It's worth creating a BQM here, and posting the live link.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Thanks for your response.  It says router = 274 and device = 273 at 22.25pm.  Perhaps it's down to time of the day - if it's busier earlier on.  I shall keep an eye on that - thanks for replying.

Your area could be oversubscribed.

It's worth creating a BQM here, and posting the live link.

Yes - it's ridiculous.  We live on a cul de sac of just 15 houses and 5 of them can't have Virgin broadband because there isn't enough capacity.  We're right at the end of the BT line too and just 1 mile outside the "fabulous fibre broadband" advertised by Open Reach with no plans to extend to our village.  Thanks for your help

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Madwitch 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service. I've ran some checks on our end, and can see that some of the levels being transmitted to and from your Hub are out of specification, and will require a Technician visit to resolve.

I'm going to send a private message, so we can get this booked in. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ