cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW6 - Slow Upload AGAIN.

sowilo
Tuning in

Yet again the upload speed in my area is extremely slow.

This has been re-occurring for so long I'm sceptical it will ever get fixed permanently. I don't know if it's the infrastructure in the area that's just not up to par, but it seems to me like your engineers are playing whack-a-mole - one week it's fine, the week after it's bad again. What's the point of paying so much for fast broadband when the connection is suffocated by the upload speed. The most annoying part is that this happens so often for so long that it appears to be treated like a normal state of things. One is supposed to just accept it. Very disappointing. I have never seen another ISP have so many issues so often with download/upload asymmetry. Try having a normal video call on that connection:

sowilo_1-1682321629707.png

sowilo_2-1682321858260.png

4 REPLIES 4

sowilo
Tuning in
Is there some incidents page where these issues can be tracked or do we just wait and pray? There's no detail, no ETA, nothing.
This packet loss is driving me crazy, even chat messages fail to send sometimes, we're talking about text, I'm not doing anything intensive.

Hi sowilo,

Thank you for your post, I'm so sorry to hear see you've been having some trouble with your broadband service. I've had a look on this end and can see that you are currently affected by an SNR (signal to noise ratio) outage which will be causing you slower speeds than usual, and possibly an intermittent connection.

The good news is that it's estimated to be fixed by tomorrow, so please let us know how things are throughout the day tomorrow and if you need any further help.

You can track most outages online here, however not 100% of outages will be available to view online due to various different reasons.

Kind regards

Beth

sowilo
Tuning in

Hi,

There's been no improvement yet. I called the support line yesterday and was told it would be fixed by 9 AM this morning, the person on the other end also registered me for text updates on the issue. I received a text this morning that the estimated fix date is May 04 at 10 AM. 😣
As to the Service Status page, I already know about it and in my experience it's useless as a source of information, 9 times out of 10 it shows nothing.

Hi sowilo,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see the issue in your area is still ongoing, I was able to locate you on our system and can see it is an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault, this is generally caused by a damaged or exposed cable making noise on our Network, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, all fix times are estimated and may change, the current fix time is 04/05/23 @ 10:00.

Regards

Paul.