cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 ethernet ports all 100mbps wifi is fine

Stack
Joining in

Hi. Any ideas why it seems the lan ports on my hub5 seem to be capped at 100mbps? Im on m500 connection and download speeds on speedtest using wifi are 500mbs+. But not the devices connected via the lan ports, they dont go over 100mbps. That includes my pc connected to the 2.5gb port 4 with cat 6 cable, and they all say 100mbs when i check the connected devices on the hub settings. 

Around a week ago, we had a few issues with wifi and it kind of sorted itself out, but when it started playing again the last couple of days i noticed these problems. Im wondering if its this firmware issue im reading about. I am on the version 7.6.15-2306.5 that seems to be the culprit.

Ive rebooted from the app, reset the hub by holding the reset for a full minute. Tried all ethernet connected devices one by one. Still get the same 100mbs speed showing for ethernet connections in the connected devices and when running speed tests on those devices. 

At first, when i ran the network diagnostic tool on hub settings, id get a red warning on Ethernet but a green tick on wifi connections and broadband services. But now after the reboots and resets, i get red warnings on both wifi and ethernet and only see a green tick on broadband services, even though my wifi speeds are fine.

Not sure what could be the problem. I suspect my initial problems started when my hub received this buggy firmware update. Or can ports be capped, and if so can it be removed? Is there any update on the status of the dodgy firmware? Can any virgin team member shed any light on the situation? Any help would be appreciated, my wired connections should be at least as fast as wifi but currently thats not the case

2 REPLIES 2

dessy
Dialled in

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Stack 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have been facing these issues with your account, I have not been able to find your account via your forum details so I am going to pop you a PM so we can take a look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.