cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Safe turned off but still blocking access

Rusc
Tuning in

Me and my partner have recently moved house and the Web Safe setting seems to have been re enabled. I have tried deactivating and reactivating it multiple times over the last few weeks to no avail.

Its a little frustrating as i cant even access websites like Reddit with it on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rusc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming there's been no change. 

This is something we would need to check further for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rusc, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your web safe service. 

To confirm, what happens when you attempt to turn them off via your online account?

^Martin

After turning Web Safe off or on I later receive an email informing me that my account security setting have been updated.  Though websites are still getting filtered.

Thank you for that information. Can you confirm the devices you have tested this on?

And the web browsers you have tested this on?

^Martin

Firefox, Edge and Chrome on a windows 10 PC as well as a separate window 11 laptop with the same 3 browsers and on and Android phone using Firefox and Chrome.

I have made sure all browsers and OS were up to date also.

Hi @Rusc,

Can you try performing a reboot of the router to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Gave it a go again now I'm back from work.  Still no change I'm afraid.

Hi Rusc, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming there's been no change. 

This is something we would need to check further for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Rusc, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad I've been able to get things sorted for you. As mentioned in my message, if you have any further issues, pop back and let me know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team