cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 08000525306 spam or real

James191
Joining in

Following a review of new customer deals on the Virgin website, I was also contacted by this number 0800 052 5306 to discuss my Virgin options. They requested my name and address etc., and then requested I set up a password and provide bank details over the phone so I put the call off until I could look into it further as they had called me 'cold'.

Could you please confirm if this number is legitimate as there are comments on the forum saying it might be a scam and then others saying it is a genuine Virgin call.

I have not signed up for anything yet and was put off at having to set up a password and provide bank details over the phone. I also received follow up text messages from 'VirginMedia' and a return contact number provided is 0247 538 7200 (screenshot attached).

Please advise.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20240424-100815_Messages.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello James191

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Apologies that you have had to join here to get some clarity on the above numbers.

The 0800 052 5306 is legitimate and will be our outbound sales team.

When you enquired about the service online, After entering your postcode and contact number there is small print under the contact number box which reads.

"By entering your number, you consent to us calling or messaging you (via text or WhatsApp) about this search and personalising your online experience. For more details please see our Privacy Policy."

The text message you received asking to call Alex on 0247 538 7200. will be off the back of your enquiry.

I'm sorry if this was unexpected and panicked you.

But I would just like to reassure you both numbers belong to us.

Hope that helps.

Gareth_L