cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old ntlworld email hacked help

bige93
Joining in

Hi everyone, 

my old ntlworld email address has been hacked, I’m getting emails sent to people that I’ve not sent, threats of images been revealed , all my social media’s hacked, accounts set up in my name.

ive contacted virgin who are telling me they have no access to the account anymore and can’t help me, I’ve not had virgin for about 5 years now and this just sprung out of nowhere.

I see a lot of people had the same problem, how do I solve it?

thanks Ian

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ian

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

We are very sorry to hear that your account has become compromised. If your email account is not attached to an active subscription with us, we are very limited to what we can do as the account should have been deleted. We usually delete email accounts after 90 days after the services have been disconnected.

We completely appreciate that if you still use this email address this will be inconvenient, however the only thing we will be able to do is completely shutdown the mailbox. We can attempt to change the password, however we can't guarantee whether our system will allow us to do so.

Please do let us know how you'd like to proceed. We have some information available here about what to do if your account has been hacked.

Beth

Hi Beth thank you for the reply , I’d like the email address permanently closing if you can do that ?

Hi there @bige93 

Thank you for popping back to us and I'll be more than happy to look into this closer with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you

Thank you so much for chatting with me via the PM @bige93 and I am so glad that we have been able to resolve this now. 

Please do reach back out via the forums should you need any help and we will always do all we can to advise!