cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Create Password Acceptable To VM

DifferentLogin
Dialled in

VM have locked me out of my account so I've been trying to create a new password acceptable to VM. However, I keep getting 'Requirements not met' even though the password is described as 'strong' and contains no unacceptable characters or any string of repeated characters. It would be helpful if VM were to make clear what password IS acceptable to them instead of rejecting all my attempts. After an hour I've given up. The last password that VM rejected had 17 characters: 4 capital letters, 3 lower case letters, 6 digits and !&*@. The password is described as 'strong'. I have typed this password into website https://www.passwordmonster.com which gauges password strength and it says that it would take 256 years to crack it! BUT IT DOES NOT MEET VM REQUIREMENTS! Help, please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello DifferentLogin, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We apologise for the issues you are experiencing when attempting to change the password on your account. 

Can you please try completing the change via a different browser or clear your current browsers cache and cookies?

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello DifferentLogin, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We apologise for the issues you are experiencing when attempting to change the password on your account. 

Can you please try completing the change via a different browser or clear your current browsers cache and cookies?

Thanks, 

Nat

Thanks, Natalie_L,

Following your advice and running CCleaner and Advanced System Care to clear out the cache sorted out the problem. Settled for a 12 character password VM descibes as 'Moderate' but https://www.passwordmonster.com describes as 'Very strong', taking 33 years to hack.

That's great to hear.

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat