cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin cable green metal box on the street

pito
Joining in

Hello,

I would like to request to be removed Green cable box that the green metal box in front of my house.                          I checked with BT but they say, the green metal box is owned by Virgin.

For the past three months, the metal green box outside our house has been used as everyone's trash. I think this box is no longer in use and is empty. The box was left useless. The front cover has been removed and now peopleuse it as trash. Garbage accumulates inside, behind, and around the green box. Many pedestrians throw their trash, including cans, bottles, beverage cups and plastic packs, into these green metal boxes. The surroundings always become messy.

Some even throw entire garbage bags there. This poses a risk as foxes drag waste onto the pavement at night to eat. Moreover, the green box hinders people's awakening. We frequently clean the surrounding area and report it to the environmental department of the council several times for cleaning. Even the front cover of the box was gone. We sincerely ask that you put a cover on it, even temporarily, and remove and clean the green box as soon as possible.

I look forward to seeing your reply.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pito, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with a green cabinet just in front of your property. In terms of removing the box, this can only usually be done in certain circumstances and this would be at your expense too. Even though the box may not look like it's in use, it could well be. 

What we can do though is get someone out to repair the cabinet and get a front back on it. To do that, we will need to confirm some information with you in order for us to arrange this. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs