cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get a better deal?

classintr
Joining in

My contract runs until November.

I'm currently paying around £76 for max it TV, 500mb broadband and a phone line with only calls at the weekend (which we don't use).

The price is going up to around £112, but my contract runs until the end of November. Is there any point in me calling them and trying to get a better deal?

1 REPLY 1

unisoft
Well-informed

@classintr wrote:

My contract runs until November.

I'm currently paying around £76 for max it TV, 500mb broadband and a phone line with only calls at the weekend (which we don't use).

The price is going up to around £112, but my contract runs until the end of November. Is there any point in me calling them and trying to get a better deal?

Only if you are serious of leaving if you don't get a better deal. Like me, you may also need to walk the walk as they don't have to offer a better deal, but no harm in ringing in if you rationally explain what you need or don't need and state why you don't feel you are getting value on your current package. Knowledge of competitors in your area and pricing helps a lot and any service issues you have had with outages. I have actually changed my contract previously when it hasn't expired to a much better deal, but depends on the agent. You best bet though is November (or up to 30 days before end of contract).