cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Installation delay

zappini
Tuning in

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can help share experiences or help me resolve my issues with a new customer Virgin installation.

I signed up for a Volt package and was due an installation on 5th December 2023. An engineer showed up and left me my TV box and Router and said the construction team will need to come and install a cable externally.

Since then I have had 5-6 cancelled appointments, which appear under 'orders and appointments' and then vanish as if being cancelled.

Customer services have been absolutely shocking and their standard answers are now becoming unacceptable.

Having tried to escalate the issue multiple times, I am now at a stage where I have no internet for nearly 2 months, a 2 year old that I rely heavily on Tech to look after (monitor), a doorbell and alarm system that relies on the internet and no idea when it will be resolved.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

I just hope when it comes to cancelling the contract they don't send me in circles as i'm getting a bit dizzy.

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

search the forum for similar topics the answers are all there

it will happen when it happens - next week - next month and [yes] maybe next year - you will get no meaningful information other than the screen says tomorrow or a date plucked out of the air that is just there to give you hope 

you are due compensation of about £6 a day from your 1st confirmed install date - VM are likely to argue and talk rubbish about council permissions or anything else they can think up as a useless excuse - but if and when you are are installed and they dont want to pay what you are due come back here - theres plenty of help

you need to think about 3 things 

1- accept it will happen as and when - thats better for your sanity or hair line

2- look at an alternative until VM do install - a 3 4G/5G mobile deal - £25 a month on a 30 day contract or a Smarty unlimited sim again about £25 are 2 alternatives

3 -  or just forget VM and go elsewhere

if you choose 3 dont cancel the VM install - as and when they do install you you can cancel in the 1st 14 days FOC and claim the compensation up to that point

or being positive they will come tomorrow and install you - but dont hold your breath

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

search the forum for similar topics the answers are all there

it will happen when it happens - next week - next month and [yes] maybe next year - you will get no meaningful information other than the screen says tomorrow or a date plucked out of the air that is just there to give you hope 

you are due compensation of about £6 a day from your 1st confirmed install date - VM are likely to argue and talk rubbish about council permissions or anything else they can think up as a useless excuse - but if and when you are are installed and they dont want to pay what you are due come back here - theres plenty of help

you need to think about 3 things 

1- accept it will happen as and when - thats better for your sanity or hair line

2- look at an alternative until VM do install - a 3 4G/5G mobile deal - £25 a month on a 30 day contract or a Smarty unlimited sim again about £25 are 2 alternatives

3 -  or just forget VM and go elsewhere

if you choose 3 dont cancel the VM install - as and when they do install you you can cancel in the 1st 14 days FOC and claim the compensation up to that point

or being positive they will come tomorrow and install you - but dont hold your breath

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony, had a look around the forum and some of the stories seem horrendous.

As for the hairline, unfortunately that's been and gone! If it was still around, customer services would have been the culprits.

Hey @zappini Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the poor experience you have had in relation to the install.
I will assist you on this and investigate the matter.

I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

zappini
Tuning in

Update on the information I've been given so far via the private help on this forum.

Partner team who deals with installs have advised, the team need to wait for the data required for the construction work to be completed, and then they will be able to get the permit signed off, they have advised around 3 working days and once done, an appointment will be booked in to get the tee connected t the line.

3 days seems optimistic given I've been waiting 32 working days and counting!

Any other info I receive, I will be posting on here so others in the same position can see if the stories are straight.

zappini
Tuning in

Update. Conveniently 5 minutes after I posted the above in this forum, I get the below email.

We wrote to you on 02/02/2024 to tell you the outcome of our investigation into your complaint, and how we plan to fix the issue you raised.

We asked you to get back in touch if you didn’t consider the problem resolved, or if there was anything else you’d like to share. It’s been 28 days since then, and we haven’t heard from you – we hope this means you’re satisfied, and have closed your case.

Note: I have not received anything around a complaint. And I have been following up almost 2-3 times a week in the 28 days they mentioned I haven't contacted them!