cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescheduled Installation

lee0bv
Joining in

Hi, 

I have been a Virgin Media customer for over a year now and recently moved home. Despite the VM website telling me that my new postcode was eligible to receive VM broadband, it turns out, VM has only recently became available on my new street.

I receive an email about a future appointment then have it rescheduled 24hrs before the date. I have never been able to see the appointment on the app for some reason so I have a lack of knowledge as to what's actually going on until I receive the email telling me my appointment is cancelled. The external work has been completed as far as I am aware. I was in the house when the guys completed the work and they told me it was finished themselves. Virgin have rescheduled my installation date twice now and I have been left without internet in my home for over a month.

I have wasted hours on hold over the phone trying to speak to someone, to then be given apologies but no answers. They seem to have no email address available to contact and actually have a correspondence with someone, their chat function never connects me with an actual person and neither does their WhatsApp chat. On what planet is this level of service acceptable? I have raised a complaint which I haven't received any response from. It's an absolute joke, I'm at my wit's end with it. Any advice or guidance or just some general moral support would be appreciated haha! 

Lee 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You will get plenty of moral support here, but that's all I'm afraid. The problem you are having is very common and there is little that can be done. 

Read through the forum and you see you are not alone. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lee0bv 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about this poor experience you've had with us whilst waiting to be installed. There can be various reasons for a delay in install and whilst we're unable to directly assist with Pre-Installation queries via the Community Forums, I'm going to send you a private message so we can look into the complaint you have raised, to ensure this is with the correct team.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ