cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuickStart Installation Issues

CStock00
Joining in

Ordered a QuickStart Router on 2/3/24 with the preferred delivery date of 5/3/24. Have heard nothing since receiving the pre-contract documents email, and have no account number to sign in with. Rang 0800 052 1734 to try and cancel the order as I would like to change to a new supplier, but they attempted to forward me to the sales team and then the call dropped. 

Any advice on how I can cancel my contract? Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your contract only starts on the day it is all installed and activated and then you have 14 days in which to cancel without any penalty charges - so no need to do anything yet,  If you do want to cancel it once it has activated - see this old post.

See the link -
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving

1.  if a new customer within the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to them at the address specified on the form (the Sunderland address?).

2.  Or call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - select options 1,1,4,4, - thats the UK based retentions team - but calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through without being diverted offshore I would record the conversation too. "TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue - you can try Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on… 020 3743 6947 or 0800 952 2277 or  0800 052 2001 - - or some have used 020 3743 6947 - but no guarantee of getting through on these either though

3. If you wish to give your 30 days’ notice you can do it  by just sending a WhatsApp with a description of the cancellation to +447305 327 112

4. Cancel In writing (best way!) to…
Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA
Include dates, name ,address and all account details. They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.\
Do it by registered mail next day delivery guaranteed and with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Whatever you do DO NOT cancel your direct debit until the final bill has been settled or or it will cause all sorts of issues you dont want.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CStock00 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you intend to cancel your contract 😔

In order to discuss this with you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @jbrennand 👍

Regards,
Daniel