cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No wall socket but wire from underneath floorboards

BigBobbyRFC
Joining in
Hi there, I moved house and ordered VM broadband and got the option for a quick start kit. My understanding is you can only get the quick start kit if the house has had VM in the past. It’s been delivered and it turns out I don’t have a wall socket for the coaxial cable to go into. I have a very similar wire coming through the floorboards( it looks like an older style wire) but it doesn’t fit the hub 3 I got with with my order. Can anyone help me with this please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The second image shows the remnants of the previous HUB screwed into the cable, which must have been snapped off by the previous user!

You need to use some pliers to removed this part, which will reveal the part that needs to be screwed into the HUB:

It should look like this once the broken part of the HUB is removed:

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

carl_pearce
Community elder

Could you post an image?

Can you check where the mentioned cable runs to?

BigBobbyRFC
Joining in

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply. Currently at work so I can’t check where the cable runs to. I would need to lift the floorboard to see where it goes but here are a couple of pictures of the cable. 

The second image shows the remnants of the previous HUB screwed into the cable, which must have been snapped off by the previous user!

You need to use some pliers to removed this part, which will reveal the part that needs to be screwed into the HUB:

It should look like this once the broken part of the HUB is removed:

Hi BigBobbyRFC,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Quick Start looked into, I am sorry it seems your property hasn't got the necessary internal faceplates! I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I can see that @carl_pearce has given you some advice to try and resolve this yourself, were you able to take a closer look at the cable like he advised?

If not, we can still help here by booking an engineer visit 🤗

Please let us know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you so much. I had to screw it off rather than pull it and then screw it onto the hub but it’s all working now. Thanks again!