cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin TV or broadband

Mike1429
Joining in

A Virgin media engineer was sent to my flat on Thursday the 7th of September and he installed my Virgin media package,which consisted of Virgin TV and broadband.

I told him that I wanted to connect my PC to my Virgin router via ethernet.He told me that I would have to enter my PCs IP address on my browser.The problem is that I didn't know what an IP address was,and now that I do know I still don't understand it.

He also gave me some other equally vague advice which I didn't understand either.He told me that I had to go into the router's settings and select modem mode.The Virgin media engineer couldn't wait to leave my flat once he finished the installation,which he then promptly did.

All I managed to do was change the settings password on my router and select modem mode.I did not know how to set my router up so I couldn't do so.

After turning on modem mode I entered 192.168.0.1 on my browser,as suggested by the so called help guides in order to try to set up my router,but all that happened was various google searches came up with loads of different numbers the same as or similar to 192.168.0.1.

When I tried to set up my router after turning on modem mode the following inane messages kept coming up.

⚠️  We've found a connection problem CS9006

Your TV box and hub haven't been connected by ethernet for a few days now.Please check your cables are securely connected,or try reconnecting in network setup.

Then there was a red bar below that message with Network setup written on it,and then there wa a blue bar just below that with Diagnostics written on it.

Home network setup wizard

When it's plugged in,connect your stream box to your hub using an ethernet cable.

For more information please check your guide.

⚠️ We've found a connection problem CS9994

Your hub isn't connected to the internet,which means your stream box features won't be working at the moment.

Please check the cables from your hub are securely connected.If this doesn't fix the problem try restarting your hub.

For more info and help visit virginmedia.com/tvcode.

After connecting my PC to my router via ethernet cable I had broadband on my PC but no TV.I then connected my stream box via ethernet and then I had Virgin TV but no broadband on my PC<span;>.

I reset my Virgin router back to its original settings by inserting a pen into the reset button for 10 seconds.<span;>I then turned on WiFi and then I had neither broadband nor Virgin TV.I have had no broadband or Virgin TV at all now since Wednesday of last week.

I am requesting that a Virgin media engineer be sent around to my flat to get my Virgin TV and broadband up and running because this whole issues is completely doing my head in,and trying to resolve it is like banging my head against a brick wall.

I cannot resolve these problems myself because I have no technical knowledge about routers whatosoever and I know virtually nothing at all about them.All I know about routers is that they are rectangular boxes and you have to enter a password on them-that is the extent of my expertise about them.I have never owned a router and I have never even seen a router in real life until Virgin media installed their one in my flat.

Please can a member of Virgin media staff send me a private message so that I can arrange a time and a date when a Virgin media engineer can come around to my flat to get my Virgin TV and broadband up and running.

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mike1429

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the hub.

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide