cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin Media wall socket in my apartment

xmodamo
Tuning in

I've just moved into a property and I'm trying to set up my Virgin Fibre broadband. I'm at the stage where I need to plug the isolator cable into the Virgin Media wall socket.

However, I do not have any of the specified wall sockets available. I was told when purchasing the broadband package that fibre was available here and already in use, so am wondering if I'm missing something.

I am attaching photos of what i can find in the house.

Please help. Thanks.

20230918_110939.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

That is your VM connection. If the end of the cable from photo 1 is the same cable in photo 2 then you can use the adapter suggested above to make the connection.

If the white wall box already contains an isolator (quite likely) you could screw the connector from photo 1 straight into the hub and try the connection.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Where does the other end of the white cable go to? That looks like a VM cable.

You may need a coupler adapter to join two plugs together

https://www.diy.com/departments/f-type-screw-connector-female-socket-coupler-adapter-sat-coax-cable-...

Also available from the likes of Screwfix, Homebase, Toolstation etc.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 explain the problem and request a tech visit to install a socket.

Many thanks for the reply. I believe the white cable is this that terminates in a smallbbox by the main entrance door (please see attached picture).

20230918_110607.jpg

goslow
Alessandro Volta

That is your VM connection. If the end of the cable from photo 1 is the same cable in photo 2 then you can use the adapter suggested above to make the connection.

If the white wall box already contains an isolator (quite likely) you could screw the connector from photo 1 straight into the hub and try the connection.

Many thanks! I was finally able to make the connection exactly as you recommended and I'm sorted now. Thank you very much for your kind assistance. I'm most grateful!