cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to find out when VM will be available?

NigelGoodwin
On our wavelength

On 15th June I spoke to a couple of guys fitting fibre to the pole that feeds my house, on talking to them, I was told it was for Virgin Media (OpenReach now have no current plans to provide FTTP). Since then I've been paying attention to local roadworks, MANY of which were for Virgin Media, including digging the local main road pavements up fitting ducting, to feed the pole mounted fibres running along our street.

All roadworks seem to have been finished now, but still no news, and the availability checker just says 'not available', however I did register my interest back on 15th June.

So everything seems complete now, other than feeding fibres through the main road ducts, and connecting the fibres up - is there some way to possibly find out when (or if?) this might happen, and when it would be available to order?.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there NigelGoodwin,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Unfortunately it would appear that there's no further update as usually once the team has agreed to a date it would be visible via the postcode checker and also flyers would be sent around the area.

Thanks for posting your interest however!

Take care,

Kain

NigelGoodwin
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply, I don't know if you've 'triggered' something?, but I've just come home from work, and there are cherry pickers and plastic fencing all down the main road - near the poles with the fibres running along them. However, there's nothing about who it is on 'one.network', or any planned work shown - the vans of course don't have any signage, but I presume it's on behalf of VM. I'll keep my eyes open, and see what happens over the next few days 😄