cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to leave Virgin Media with dignity! Be warned.

nanami04
Joining in

If like me you are sick of the annual bluff of leaving to get a better deal, be warned, actually leaving for real is almost impossible. After 3 perma-hold phonecalls, and 2 terminated web chats, I eventually resorted to a service termination letter send by next day recorded delivery, then cancelled durect debit after last payment. Three weeks later they are still refusing to acknowledge whether or not they recieved the letter (worringly the PO online receipt is recorded 7 days after sending!). Virgin are now blocking all contact from me until the DD is reinstated. They really are an offshoot of the Bank of Evil.

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM continues to bill you as per normal right up until your day of disconnection. Once you are disconnected, VM sends you a final bill showing the balance on the account. If it is in debit, you pay that and leave. If it is in credit VM refunds you (eventually).

If you have cancelled your DD before that leaving process is completed and while still on your usual billing cycle, VM will start logging missed payments against you. There are no end of topics on here about former customers with a damaged credit history as a result of this.

VM's leaving processes are currently under investigation by OFCOM

While waiting for a VM forum team reply ...

You can share your unhappy cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.