cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Yodel lose my equipment return ?

GoneBye
Just browsing

Hi VM,

Sadly I had to cancel my VM. I returned my equipment in the returns box via Yodel 10 days ago but the Yodel tracking link shows it has been stuck at their national hub for the last 7 days. I'm not sure if it is actually stuck there or if they just haven't updated the tracking.

VM keep sending me texts saying I will be charged for the equipment if it is not returned.

I tried calling VM cancellations team to ask them to confirm if the equipment has been received by VM but they were very unhelpful.

Can anyone at VM confirm if they have received it ? I can PM my details.

Surely it should be down to VM to chase Yodel if the package has been lost ? I didn't chose Yodel as the courier !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GoneBye,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your equipment returns, its something we could look into our side to see if there is anything we can do for you with regards to this. For me to do so I will be sending you a private message.

Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

If VM paid for the return and supplied you with the Yodel label then your job is done as soon as you hand it over to the courier.

Print off/keep any proof of collection that you have such as doorbell camera footage or the tracking page that shows a collection or you dropping the parcel off at a shop, challenge any charges that are put on your account through your bank's Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme, and be prepared to make a formal complaint to VM and take it to ADR if they persist.

GoneBye
Just browsing

Thanks Jonny-M. Yep, I'm keep all evidence of the return and web chat's etc.

Good tip, to keep an eye on the DD charges.

I also just contacted Yodel, who say that the VM returns are delivered on bulk, which is why their tracking never updates beyond 'Processed at National Hub'.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GoneBye,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that you have been having this issue with your equipment returns, its something we could look into our side to see if there is anything we can do for you with regards to this. For me to do so I will be sending you a private message.

Joe

GoneBye
Just browsing

I have now received a text and email confirming my equipment return.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @GoneBye,

Glad to hear it, if you need anything further from us please do come back to us here and let us know.

Joe