cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable repul

Care_Bears
Joining in

Hello, we moved into a new property on the second of October. I was told from day one of the move we would have internet. It's now been over six weeks virgin media said we need a cable pull we have had numerous people come out and zero work has been done. They keep making up different stories. eg cars in the road cable is blocked exc I've also asked for composition and nothing they are still trying to change me for the internet which we don't have. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Were you using the 'Quick Start' route (where VM sends you the kit and you plug it in) or were you having an installation via VM technician?

Were you an existing customer moving your existing package to a new address or were you a new customer to VM?

Any compensation due should be paid within 30 days of you being connected.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Unfortunately, VM considers that it is perfectly OK to leave customers with no connection for weeks on end with minimal (no) management from VM to oversee the process to completion, as described in many, many similar topics on here.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Were you using the 'Quick Start' route (where VM sends you the kit and you plug it in) or were you having an installation via VM technician?

Were you an existing customer moving your existing package to a new address or were you a new customer to VM?

Any compensation due should be paid within 30 days of you being connected.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Unfortunately, VM considers that it is perfectly OK to leave customers with no connection for weeks on end with minimal (no) management from VM to oversee the process to completion, as described in many, many similar topics on here.

I’m an existing customer. Had an quick start order 

If you were expected to plug in your own equipment to an existing connection in your new home (but it didn't work), VM will continue to charge you your monthly fee.

The failure to activate the equipment is classed as a fault by VM (para 6 below)

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

so (after two working days which VM has to remedy the fault) you will be eligible for compensation at £9.33 per day. Also factor in any missed visits when VM said you had to be in but VM failed to turn up without providing you with 24 hours notice.

In the topics which are described on here, VM has a very poor record in paying up the correct compensation and in paying in full. You may need to take any non-payment to arbitration to get the correct settlement which is why keeping accurate records of all VM's failures is important.

In the meantime you should consider what backup measures you can use while you wait for VM. Some, in the same situation in past topics on here, have bought into an unlimited data SIM on a rolling monthly basis and used this in conjunction with a hotspot device or smartphone. Others have opted for an Openreach connection on a rolling monthly basis. Availability and suitability of each of these will depend on where you live and what speeds and services are available to you.

The compensation scheme should go some way to covering the cost of the alternative connection but you will very likely have to battle VM to get paid what you are due.

Well it’s been two months without connection I’ve even tried getting an Deadlift letter but without prevail. 

I believe the longest wait reported on here is 18 months, at the end of which VM cancelled the installation and resisted paying the correct compensation.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/18-Months-later-no-connection-27-cancelle...

Having a deadlock letter won't help you, at this point, because the ombudsman cannot compel VM to install for you. The ombudsman is, however, useful once compensation becomes due an VM starts arguing about what it has to pay out.

In the meantime you should consider what options you might be able to use for a connection while you wait for VM.

Care_Bears
Joining in

LMAO I phoned virgin media to complain and someone has literally came out doing the wiring wth haven’t seen them work so hard that or they are removing the blockage 

Such is the randomness of VM.

Keep the topic updated once you are actually up and running.