cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work VPN connection issues

mrfwibble
Joining in

Hi, this morning I am struggling to use my works VPN connection over Virgin Media. I have done the usual steps to power off everything, wait and then boot up the router, wait, then boot up laptops etc.

My internet is working fine, streaming 4K YouTube no issues. 

Work VPN connection is terrible, using a standard IKEv2 VPN over UDP 500 and UDP 4500.

I am using a 4G SIM hotspot with EE and the works laptop is perfectly fine.

Notice a few other forum posts about similar this morning, is there an issue within Virgin's network ?

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Looking at https://downdetector.co.uk/  the graphs and heat maps for Virgin Media , BT Internet and Plusnet are all oddly similar.

Hot spots in all the major cities and a ramp up of reported outages this morning.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mrfwibble,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing problems with connecting to your work VPN. At the time of your post, we were investigating a problem which caused VPN connections to run slower than expected, or lose connection completely.

This issue has now been resolved and you should be able to access these services as normal. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

How are things since posting?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, I have had this issue ongoing since June this year. Previous to June, I did not have issues connected to a VPN using my Virgin wifi, did something change in June? (Currently when connect to Virgin wifi I am disconnected from my company VPN anywhere from 10 to 20 times a day. I do not have this issue when I hotspot to with my O2 mobile)

What can you recommend to fix the issue?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

try modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------