cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pod

Boosh77
Tuning in

Hi, I've been trying to order a WiFi pod as my signal strength falls below the contractually agreed speed. But I can't seem to find how to get one ordered. It seems like a common theme on here. Virgin Media can you help!!?? Very frustrating 

4 REPLIES 4

paulbrookes
Tuning in

I believe you have to phone in, despite what app links tell you.
Mine was sorted on here though as a VM rep sorted it, be patient

SirNic6
Tuning in

Greetings,

I have the Gig1 package and the speeds are 940Mbps+ when connected by ethernet to my computer, very impressive however when connected to WiFi there is one room which is far away down a long corridor that can only achieve about 16Mbps, the rest of the house is fine.

As I have the Gig1 package I would like just one WiFi pod to boost the signal in that room but ordering one seems very complicated.

I have the VM Connect App which confirms the weak signal (poor comes up as a prompt) but there is no way to order a pod. 

SirNic6_0-1701007171371.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At which point of this "VM process" is it failing you ?

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room, you can order your first mesh WiFi Pod on the connect app.

Using our home scan feature, you can see how well your WiFi’s working around your home. It’ll guide you from room to room to carry out WiFi speed tests.

If the home scan finds a potential signal-less spot, it’ll test our broadband speed to your Hub to make sure there isn’t a problem with your network. If everything’s okay with your Hub, the app will take you through to order a mesh WiFi Pod to help deal with the situation.

If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third one by logging into your My Virgin Media account, clicking on "your package", and following the directions on the WiFi Max modal. Alternatively you can use one of our accessible contact options here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for all the above but I've exhausted every avenue via the usual VM apps. 

I think my original message explained I wasn't receiving the contractually agreed speeds which in my case are 30 Mbps per second as I have the 1Gig service.

I had the same problem a few years ago and it took over a year of arm wrestling with Virgin to get a Pod, but I've extended another floor and now I am not getting 30 Mbps in one of the new rooms hence me trying to order a second Pod. 

You would have expected VM to have contacted me by now to resolve but I suppose its not just me as lookingbat the forum its common issue