cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection hangs on payment pages

aurora1
Joining in

I am having a strange problem with my broadband connection. When I buy things on line, everything works well until I get to the payment page. At that point, the page will hang, with the dreaded rotating arrow or equivalent. This goes on for some time until it eventually works or times out. If I plug my iPhone into my computer and use the mobile data it works immediately. I have a Hub 5 (which has been replaced) and a desktop PC which is connected to the hub with a short ethernet cable. Two Virgin technicians have looked at it and pronounced that the connection is OK. Has anyone else experienced this odd fault?

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing you could check is to go to your online account - navigate to "Account Settings" - then to "Online Security" and ensure virus safe and child safe are toggled to OFF - save that and log out.

See if that clears it - it might not - but worth trying

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.