cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi pods

WSteve
Joining in

How can I order WIFi pods. I was told I would receive them when I upgraded my account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UhuruNUru
Tuning in

You was told wrong, or more likely misunderstood (like me).

I upgraded to Gig1 Fibre, so I'm "entitled" to up to 3 WiFi pods, but there are hoops to that.

Damn stupid forum, the "Quote" just inserts your post, not Standard "Put selected text in quote box", had to replace contents instead.

How can I get Virgin Media WiFi Pods?

Our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max is our promise you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room or get £100 bill credit. It’s backed up by our signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods (if needed) and Intelligent WiFi service – at no extra cost with Gig1 Fibre Broadband and our Volt packages. You can also add WiFi Max to our M125 to M500 Fibre Broadband packs (without Volt) for £8 a month with your first WiFi Pod provided automatically.

To see if you need a WiFi Pod, simply test your speeds on the Virgin Media Connect app.

So you need to prove that you can't get 30 Mbps (3.75 MB/s)

Note: b=bits (Number Bigger marketing BS), while B=Bytes=8 bits (Correct usage windows shows this for example).

That's not as bad as it seems, because speeds vary, like in my kitchen I can sometimes get a connection over 30 Mbps, but sometime get less, and sometimes no connection at all.

Once you have the reading you can get one pod, the up to 3 kicks in if you have other black spots, and same process applies, for each one.

I haven't bothered to get one yet, I just sit at my high end gaming PC, with wired Ethernet for max speed, the hub5 is the only good router Virgin ever made, and provides my flatmate with 666 Mbps over WiFi for his TV, Laptop, and Mobile.

That's more than enough, and given our flat is virtually a Faraday cage with obsolete underfloor heating wires above, and internal metal door frames, we are a tough test, prior to hub5, we needed a really good router.

R8000 — Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri Band WiFi Gigabit Router

Best in the world in 2014, still good enough today, but hub5 is better, and for first time ever we need no 3rd party router.

We are also lucky to receive a "Down to" service, not the "Up to" most get, that's due to being first in line (Technically it's shortest copper wire length, the service is box to each flat, so parallel wiring), a green box serving 18 flats, and most don't use it.

See this guide for more info

WiFi Pods Guide – Everything you need to know | Virgin Media

And the pinned post here

Solved: How do I order the Wi-Fi pods? - Virgin Media Community - 5123613

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

UhuruNUru
Tuning in

You was told wrong, or more likely misunderstood (like me).

I upgraded to Gig1 Fibre, so I'm "entitled" to up to 3 WiFi pods, but there are hoops to that.

Damn stupid forum, the "Quote" just inserts your post, not Standard "Put selected text in quote box", had to replace contents instead.

How can I get Virgin Media WiFi Pods?

Our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max is our promise you’ll enjoy download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room or get £100 bill credit. It’s backed up by our signal-boosting mesh WiFi Pods (if needed) and Intelligent WiFi service – at no extra cost with Gig1 Fibre Broadband and our Volt packages. You can also add WiFi Max to our M125 to M500 Fibre Broadband packs (without Volt) for £8 a month with your first WiFi Pod provided automatically.

To see if you need a WiFi Pod, simply test your speeds on the Virgin Media Connect app.

So you need to prove that you can't get 30 Mbps (3.75 MB/s)

Note: b=bits (Number Bigger marketing BS), while B=Bytes=8 bits (Correct usage windows shows this for example).

That's not as bad as it seems, because speeds vary, like in my kitchen I can sometimes get a connection over 30 Mbps, but sometime get less, and sometimes no connection at all.

Once you have the reading you can get one pod, the up to 3 kicks in if you have other black spots, and same process applies, for each one.

I haven't bothered to get one yet, I just sit at my high end gaming PC, with wired Ethernet for max speed, the hub5 is the only good router Virgin ever made, and provides my flatmate with 666 Mbps over WiFi for his TV, Laptop, and Mobile.

That's more than enough, and given our flat is virtually a Faraday cage with obsolete underfloor heating wires above, and internal metal door frames, we are a tough test, prior to hub5, we needed a really good router.

R8000 — Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri Band WiFi Gigabit Router

Best in the world in 2014, still good enough today, but hub5 is better, and for first time ever we need no 3rd party router.

We are also lucky to receive a "Down to" service, not the "Up to" most get, that's due to being first in line (Technically it's shortest copper wire length, the service is box to each flat, so parallel wiring), a green box serving 18 flats, and most don't use it.

See this guide for more info

WiFi Pods Guide – Everything you need to know | Virgin Media

And the pinned post here

Solved: How do I order the Wi-Fi pods? - Virgin Media Community - 5123613