cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Site Access seems be getting blocked

PhilC
On our wavelength

Morning, I am having an issue with a works URL link, which seems to fail to resolve properly, when connected on Virgin Broadband, and I want to know if VM is blocking the site scripts, or if there are settings, which are restricting access

I WFH, I am accessing an online B2C ordering portal, I can get into the site, but when I try and place an order, the page loads, but with errors, which stop me placing an order. At first, I thought it was the site, so have been onto the office all morning, trying to get them to resolve it, but they can see no issue

I have connected via Broadband and WiFi, with the same errors occurring each time. IT asked me to try and connect via my mobile, using an hotspot, (EE) and it works fine, so it appears the webpage wont work with VM via Broadband or WiFi, but does work with a non-VM connection

Anyone have any ideas on if VM are blocking something, which could cause this issue? I am having to hotspot onto this site, to place orders, then switch back to broadband, which is a pain, but that's the only way it will work at the moment

It was all working fine a few months back, pre-Xmas, but then I noticed intermittent access issues, until now when it just refuses to work when connected via VM. Its not the device, the laptop was new last year, and was working fine on the site, the B2C portal has not changed or been updated, no one else seems to have the issue, all non VM, it just seems like VM are blocking something, which other providers don't, unless I'm missing something

Any help appreciated

....and I thought NT-Hell were bad......
1 REPLY 1

Client62
Legend

Add the URL to this thread and a screen shot of the error message.

Disable "Child Safe" and "Virus Safe" in the VM Online account to see if these are blocking the access.
Failing this adjust your device to use a Public DNS use one that does not filter such as Google DNS.