cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPP Customer

CraigJK
Joining in

I am an UPP customer with 500Mbps/500Mbps, and am looking for information on whether to transfer to Virgin, or jump ship to an Openreach reseller.

Virgin have offer me the same deal that I had from UPP (to a degree, as the upload speed is vastly lower)

If I do stick to Virgin then I would look at moving the SKY TV across too.

How much extra per month is Virgin TV?

Can you add packages such as Sky Sports on a 30 day rolling contract?

I can't check out packages and prices as my postcode isn't within a Virgin Media area.

Thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

I'm baffled. Why on earth would you want to move from Upp to VM for broadband and from Sky to VM for TV? Be kind to yourself and those you love. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Official-VM-most-complained-about-says-Ofcom/t... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Because UPP was owned by some Russians, who were forced to sell, and Virgin Media bought them.

I'm not very happy about having to go anywhere else, as this has been 100% rock solid for the 12 months I've had it.

I have SKY TV so I know about bad customer service, I just need more information before I pick the one that I will have to pay the least amount of cash to be aggravated by!

Client62
Legend

If you have UPP working fine stick with it.

We have SkyTV, their customer service is superb when set against the nightmare of Virgin Media's help/sales desk.