cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Loss of Service Hub 5 Flashing Green (partial service US only)

lucahambleton
Settling in

Hi all,

Since 21:27 on 13/12/23 I have had a total loss of service. Broadband immediately stopped and has not returned since. I've checked the Hub 5 network status and it comes up with No Connection Partial service US Only.

I have done a full restore to factory defaults, but this hasn't made a difference. The Hub 5 now continues to flash green.

The network logs are spammed with "No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out" and "Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, but no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 timeout" and "SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing" etc... I would post the full log but I'm not sure how to auto hide my MAC adresses.

All connections are perfect on my end, so there's got to be something wrong on VM's end or a faulty Hub 5. I've checked the service status but there's nothing wrong with the area apparently. Is it worth getting an engineer in to check this out? I've never seen anything like this before, and would like this resolved ASAP.

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lucahambleton 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any broadband issues.

I've done a check today and everything should be working for you, hopefully just a temporary blip.

If it happens again, please check our status page pop your postcode and the surname of the account holder in.

Any local issues will show. If there's nothing listed, sign in to the checker using your online account details and run the fault test on the affected service.

Keep us posted if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill