cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos not connecting to hub 3

Slimbo
Joining in

Hust switched to virgin and have been sent a Hub 3, so far i cant connect my Sonos One. Ive seen other people have had this issue but couldnt see any sure fire fixes 

Im thinking if i switch my hub 3 to modem mode and get a separate router would that fix the issue ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

So this is not a connectivity issue to do with Wi-Fi or network cables. Only now we discover this !

In the Virgin Media online account, find the section WebSafe and TURN OFF both "Child Safe" and "Virus Safe"

If you are unable to do this, set the Sono One to use a Public DNS E.G. Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 this will  bypass the effects of Child Safe and Virus Safe which are DNS content filters.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

We have a HUB 3 in Router mode, it is not noted for having Wi-Fi compatibility issues.

Have you reset the Sonos One and followed the makers installation instructions to the letter ?

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Slimbo 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you are facing these issues with your services and thank you again for posting. Can I ask if you are facing any other connection issue with other devices? Can I also ask if you have followed the instructions as Client62 has mentioned. 

Hi yes, ive tried resetting the router and Sonos. Have tried setting up wireless and via ethernet cable but cant get it to work. Tried setting up at a friends  house to check it wasnt the sonos and  it worked fine. 

Client62
Legend

So this is not a connectivity issue to do with Wi-Fi or network cables. Only now we discover this !

In the Virgin Media online account, find the section WebSafe and TURN OFF both "Child Safe" and "Virus Safe"

If you are unable to do this, set the Sono One to use a Public DNS E.G. Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 this will  bypass the effects of Child Safe and Virus Safe which are DNS content filters.

Thanks, worked perfectly. 

If only the virgin tech support or sonos support knew how to sort. 

Hi @Slimbo,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that this has now been addressed and resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!