cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router displaying 3 SSIDs one of which shouldn’t exist.

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

I have a Superhub 4 which was working reasonably well until this last week, in which the router now displays 3 SSIDs. The first being for the 2.4G as I have set it up and the second being for the 5G as I have set up. However the third SSID is the original VM router number as if it has been hard reset. This should not be appearing. 
The reason I mention this is because I have had nothing but issues with my connections lately. Ranging from high latency to high packet loss and outright loss of service. 
Please give me a fix.

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

This is the first report for some time of a Hub 4s reverting to their original SSID. i.e. it is not unknown behaviour.

The only way to get our Hub to broadcast 3 user defined SSID would be to enable the Guest Wi-Fi service and that is not mentioned here so lets set aside that idea.

Using a free Wi-Fi analyser app on a mobile are all these signals being emitted by the VM Hub ( i.e. is the Vendor the same for all 3) or is an other Wi-Fi repeater / VM Pod / Wireless Access point also broadcasting ?

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

Ok so since posting I can’t get the default SSID to reappear however the connectivity issues and packet loss persist.

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

Downstream and Upstream info attached

IMG_4826.png

IMG_4825.png

Client62
Legend

Using a web browser, connect to the VM Hub at http://192.168.0.1/  and login
Visit the Wireless Security settings and set the SSID as required & apply the changes.

How many other devices in your home are offering Wi-Fi  E.g VM Pods / Power Line Repeaters / Wi-Fi Repeaters etc?

Hi IhateVM3,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your connection looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

I have checked on our side for any issues that could be causing your problems and I have found that your Hub Stats are out of spec, this will need an engineer visit to resolve 👨‍🔧

I'll get a private message sent over to you now so we can get it booked in. 

Speak soon!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Thanks for chatting with me in our private messages IhateVM3. 

I have booked an engineer visit for you, if you need to check, change or cancel it you can do so on your MyVM Account

Please let us know how you get on after the visit 👨‍🔧

Thanks,

Megan_L