cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement hub not delivered - twice

DGBDJT
Joining in

Two weeks ago, I returned home to find that my internet was out. When I checked the router, I found that the power input was broken.

I contacted customer service on Friday 15 September and was told I needed to purchase a new router, which I did.

I received a text message straight away to say that Yodel would deliver on Tuesday 19 September. The delivery did not arrive, and at the end of the day I got a message from Yodel to say it had been successfully delivered (this was not the case).

I went through Yodel's lost package process only to be told they couldn't find it, and that I should reach out to VM.

I contacted customer service again on Friday 22 September and - after a lengthy call, where they had to confirm all the information above - I was told that they would send out a new router; however, I didn't receive the text message saying when it would be delivered.

I phoned again on Sunday 24 September to ask about this confirmation of when it would arrive (so that I could ensure someone is in), and was again subject to another lengthy call where they checked the details I'd provided, only to be told I had to wait up to 5 business days (which brings us up to date).

I work from home, and have had no internet connection for two weeks now (despite paying for it). Customer service are next to useless and take up vast swathes of my time checking and rechecking information I've already given to them.

Can anyone suggest another route to resolve this issue?

Huge thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person should respond here soon and get it sorted for you.

You dont "purchase" anything from VM - you rent it.  If it fails of its own accord - then replacement is free - unless you damaged it yourself - did you ?   If not you want a refund.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DGBDJT, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with getting your new hub delivered. As mentioned above, when a hub needs replacement this would be free of charge. 

We'd like to take a closer look at things for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs