cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since the 25th nov

Shaunsid85
Joining in

Hi all, my Internet went off on tue the 25th of Nov,  I was advised to do a factory reset,  I currently have my router in modem only mode, since then the router will not let me change the settings, engineer attended Thurs and told me I had a upstream problem and it was on the street and would be resolved Fri with network engineers attending. Engineer also changed router as a precaution,  got home Fri still no Internet,  new router also freezes when trying to make changes , virgin media app constantly crashes when trying to book an engineer,  spent 3 hours on to so called technical support who's best solution is turn it off and on again . The whole process is a complete joke , purposely set up to make it as difficult as possible 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there a "known fault" affecting other customers?

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No known fault apparently,  was told there was no fault on the street at all and no engineers where due to attend on the street, so not a clue why I was told this ??? 

Hi Shaunsid85 👋 welcome back to the community! 

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with your service! It does not look as though there is currently an outage in your area that would be affecting your service, but you can check for these if ever needed via 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. 

Can I just check - have you tried doing a pinhole reset on the hub? This should return it to factory settings and clear any errors that may have occurred. We may need you to pop out of Modem mode and into router mode so we can gather some data to offer further support. 

I will send you a PM to offer some assistance with this. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly