cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect device to WiFi pods

Tp50
Tuning in

I have a WiFi pod and can stand next to it and it won’t connect? Can you force it to pick up device. WiFi drops out on device intermittently in this area because it’s still looking for hub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot force a pod to pickup a device. You should have the pod equal distance from the hub and the device. There is nothing magic about a pod, it just picks up a WiFi signal and retransmits it. So if you are next to the pod, your device will receive exactly the same strength signal from the hub as the pod. Contrary to what VM say there is no such thing as a WiFi ‘booster’, pods just extend the range of the WiFi signal, they cannot increase its strength. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You cannot force a pod to pickup a device. You should have the pod equal distance from the hub and the device. There is nothing magic about a pod, it just picks up a WiFi signal and retransmits it. So if you are next to the pod, your device will receive exactly the same strength signal from the hub as the pod. Contrary to what VM say there is no such thing as a WiFi ‘booster’, pods just extend the range of the WiFi signal, they cannot increase its strength. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Tp50,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection to your WiFi pod.

Is your pod definitely connected to your hub and working correctly? Are you able to connect to the pod via the Connect App?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

It is now seems I had a connection issue for a short while, even with no lights flashing. 
can see on the app it’s connecting to the pod.