cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet not working; WiFi OK

Scotchbloke
Tuning in

I was upgraded to hub 4 last week and constant issues and now I have WiFi and all my ethernet connections on the hub don't work, Box has been reset, Factory reset done still the same

Now it randomly does this, white light gets brighter then goes off then solid red light, then goes off, then it flashes blue, then back to pulsing white then back to dim white light 

But still no ethernet connections that work on this box

Spoke to faults and she said that she has done diagnostics on hub and came back with the reply " press something into the reset at the back, it took nearly an hour to tell me this, I said what did the diagnostic test say, like signal strength and other data, but she replied ' it just says to press pinhole reset at the back,

I have an engineer coming out on Wednesday morning, but she said that she will have to escalate this as a complaint, I said how long does that take, I don't know as its near Christmas she replied

Do these people really know how to do their job 

So annoying this customer service is absolutely awful 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good afternoon @Scotchbloke 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Please do make your own thread in the future 🙂 this is purely to ensure no work is missed and we've moved it this time for you.

I was really sorry to read about you having issues with the router and no Ethernet ports were working.

I have done a background check based on the Forums detail provided and can see that since the post, you've had a tech visit.

They've noted it as replaced router and everything is now working 🙂 I do hope that is the case.

The Connect App - has this now worked and found the new router? 

If not, the device you're using, have you got a VPN active on it or built in via some security software on there? If not, any error messages?

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Scotchbloke
Tuning in

And the Virgn media connect app can't even find the hub4 even whilst sitting looking at it on the same wifi network 

Nothing seems to work, I noticed a post regarding this over a year ago, and they said then that they were working hard to rectify this, now over a year and still the same 😒

Good afternoon @Scotchbloke 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Please do make your own thread in the future 🙂 this is purely to ensure no work is missed and we've moved it this time for you.

I was really sorry to read about you having issues with the router and no Ethernet ports were working.

I have done a background check based on the Forums detail provided and can see that since the post, you've had a tech visit.

They've noted it as replaced router and everything is now working 🙂 I do hope that is the case.

The Connect App - has this now worked and found the new router? 

If not, the device you're using, have you got a VPN active on it or built in via some security software on there? If not, any error messages?

Please keep us posted if you need further assistance. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the reply 

Yes all is working now since fitting a new router, as old one had died totally 

Yes the App is also working too

Sorry for the late reply 

Thanks again 👍