cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app and Hub 5

CC215
Joining in

Hi

I upgraded to Volt Gig1 fibre broadband and installed the new Hub 5 a fortnight ago. I know that I have WiFi dead zones in the house and want to use the Connect app to scan so that I can obtain booster pods to improve coverage.

The app will not recognise the hub, indicating "You have no access to home broadband." I've been through the advice on other community posts and uninstalled/reinstalled the app a number of times. I'm not on a VPN and have not installed any anti-virus software on the phone, which is connected to the WiFi. The Hub is in router mode and is working as I would expect. I can manage it through the IP address.

Any advice on how to resolve my problem?

3 REPLIES 3

BillBudd
Superfast

Make sure the device running the App is on the 5.0ghz network.  I found I could not connect the App if the device was using the 2.4ghz network.

Give it go.

Kind Regards,

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Thanks BillBudd but my iPhone is on the 5.0GHz network, so I'm still struggling.

CC215
Joining in

OK - I've resolved the problem by a roundabout route. It seems that I was logging in with a secondary account but was unaware. When I originally set up MyVirginMedia account the username was a work email address. When that email address was no longer active I thought I'd changed the username to my VirginMedia email address and have been logging in using that email for 3 years. However, this was apparently regarded as a secondary account and consequently gave me no access to Virgin TV Go, billing information and, more recently, functionality in the Connect app. Using the original defunct email address as the login username has restored access to all these activities.