cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password

vander18
On our wavelength

i am into my hub but when I change password it says original ps is incorrect please help

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are 2 passwords on the sticker, one for the wifi connections and a numeric one for accessing the Hub settings.  Hve you tried both.

If so - reset the Hub to restore the password.

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

i only have 1 password on my sticker I do have a numeric hub pass word yes I have exhausted both.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hub 3 i think i'm almost over virgin i can change the router password but not the wifi  lver it

wrf is the good of a hub when you can only change the password of the hub I wont be paying the bill I defecting cant even speak on the phone

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first thing VM will ask you to dio is a pinhole reset - have you tried it as I said?  Any intact Hub3 has 2 passwords (passphrase) printed on its sticker - unless it has been "removed" by you or a previous "owner" of that Hub - has it ?

ALSO   Never withhold payment to VM - they will simply transfer your debt to a debt collection agency and put a black mark onto your credit file - neither of which will be easy to deal with and resolve.

Call it in as a faulty Hub on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

--------------------
John
--------------------