cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing default from Equifax

Yemenyemen1987
Settling in

Hello, I've been a loyal customer with Virgin I recently noticed a default on my account, I did set up a direct debit but for some reason it did not go through without me knowing and I would like to discuss the possibility of having it removed. I believe in maintaining a positive financial history, as I am trying to get a mortgage and this default will effect my borrowing and I hope we can find a solution together. Can you please provide assistance in addressing this matter?"

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Yemenyemen1987,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear that there appears to be a disputed mark on your credit score related to us. In the first instance, you should log a dispute directly with the credit reference agency that you use. They should be able to assist you in getting this rectified.

If you've already done that and would like some further assistance, please send an email to our dedicated team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk and include your full name, account number, contact number, account address, the company that you used to view your credit file, and any specific details related to the credit file enquiry.

You should receive a response in the following 14 days.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!