cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close mobile account without switching

juliancb
Joining in

Hi,

I have a mobile account which is/was part of an old Oomph package. I have just upgraded to a new broadband only package. I want to cancel the mobile account associated  with the old package, which I do not use. I already had a existing mobile service  on another network that I am continuing to use so I am not doing any switching. How do I close my Virgin mobile account?

Thanks,

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @juliancb 

Welcome back to the community forums 

If you do not wish to keep the number then there is no need to request a PAC or anything like this when closing an account. 

You can contact the team on 789 from your Virgin Media handset, or call on 0345 600 0789 and the team will be able to discuss the closure of the account. 

Alternatively, you can WhatsApp our support team on 07305 327 112. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @juliancb 

Welcome back to the community forums 

If you do not wish to keep the number then there is no need to request a PAC or anything like this when closing an account. 

You can contact the team on 789 from your Virgin Media handset, or call on 0345 600 0789 and the team will be able to discuss the closure of the account. 

Alternatively, you can WhatsApp our support team on 07305 327 112. Please bear in mind the response will not be instant, but our team will get back to you. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

juliancb
Joining in

Thanks Carley. I called the 0345 number and the account is now being cancelled.

Thanks for keeping us updated @juliancb 

Glad to hear this has been sorted for you now. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley