Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM BB billing screwup

MikeD245
Tuning in

Virgin Media service & billing
6th January 2024

I am on an 18 month broadband contract, paying £26/month (promotion discounted £18 from full price). Throughout November the broadband cable in the neighbourhood was damaged and the Quality of Service received was very poor. On 1st December I received an email apology from VM stating I would consequently get a credit from the compensation scheme. I was then pleased on the 5th December to get an email stating I'd received a credit of £270.57 and hence the 4th December advanced bill starting 12th December was £0 with £244.57 credit remaining.

On 4th January I received an email bill dated 3rd January for £52 (payment date 19th January) stating this will be taken from my bank via direct debit on 19th January, but showing I'm still £244.57 in credit.

What is going on? I have a significant amount in credit so should not be debited at all until that credit has been fully used.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MikeD245, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there's been some confusion with the billing on your account. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MikeD245, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there's been some confusion with the billing on your account. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs