cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfulfilled Black Friday deal

LukexM
Joining in

Hi,

I am a current broadband customer and as many others on this forum, during the Black Friday deals, I chose to take the package extra "Mixit TV" for £5 more per month (+one-off £35 charge, I assume for sending the Virgin 360 box). This was on Thursday 23rd November, 24 days (17 working days) ago. I immediately received the contract details after the order, but have since heard absolutely nothing and the order does not appear in the "My Orders" section of my account.

It originally stated that it would take 7-10 working days. From reading other people's messages on this forum, this then became 15 working days. I am still yet to receive anything.

On the 8th December I tried to investigate and ended up being redirected to the WhatsApp support channel thing (why is there not a simple support email address?!?) I was stuck there for OVER 3.5 HOURS, being passed between several people who said they couldn't find any trace of the order but since I sent them the contract details I had initially received, they would set it up for me using the agreed-to package details, but they ended up saying "There's an error so I can't set it up", and the final person I spoke to simply said "We don't have the access we need to do this, so you'll just have to wait and call up another time". Again, this was after back and forth for over 3.5 hours, the resolution was "call us tomorrow". What is the point of that support channel if they are not given the tools or access they need to support?

I'd rather not be stuck on the phone for several hours, particularly as I have hearing difficulties that make conversations over a muffled phone line difficult for me, so decided to leave it and give a few more days.

I then submitted a complaint, explaining the whole situation and how poor the service has been, wasting so much of my time and making it so difficult, requesting that they just set up the package that was agreed to, and again their ridiculous answer was just "That must be frustrating, call us tomorrow."

I can't believe I'm having to explain this: I am a customer, I made an order, Virgin Media then fulfils it. It's that simple. Virgin Media's poor internal processes or systems are not my problem, and it is totally unfair and unreasonable that I should have to spend hours in some silly WhatsApp support messaging system, submit complaints, post on this forum, over 24 days, just to get the order fulfiled. Even if I were to call, by the sound of other people's posts on this frum, it would be fruitless.

Virgin offered me the deal without any prompt or request from myself. I have sent the contract details across in the WhatsApp thing. It should not be this insanely difficult and frustrating, and it should not take this long. Just. Apply. The. Package.

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello LukexM

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community.

Sorry to read about your Black Friday offer and the struggle you are having to get this applied.

As a rule we are unable to change packaged from here, however we can get some help for you, which will save you a phone call.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L