cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel

marioeet1
Joining in

Does anyone have experience cancelling a contract without knowing the account number?

The account is not connected to my email address, however, the payment method is my personal bank account.

I no longer have contact with the account creator.

I would prefer to cancel directly with virgin media rather than just rejecting the direct debit with my bank. Trying to avoid future bills being sent to a debt collection agency etc.

I cannot get through to customer service without quoting an account number first. I am at a loss as to what action I can take?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

a VM person should respond here soon

It may be problematic though as they dont normally allow you to cancel accounts that are not in your name - for obvious reasons !  So it may well be that the quickest way would be to contact the account holder and see if they can do it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi marioeet1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We're sorry to hear you're looking to cancel. As jbrennand has advised we would usually look to speak with the account holder for cancellation purposes. 

If possible would the account holder be able to contact us so we can process this with them?

^Martin