cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP my 360 upgrade - please

jw1949
Dialled in

I enquired about TV360 on the WhatsApp chat line but was unable to get answers to my questions.  The main question was could I upgrade my V6 to 360 and leave my wife's V6 box alone as she really does not want to change!  

The agent did, however, say that he had arranged for 2 x TV360 remotes to be sent to me although I did not ask for that.  We have 2 x V6 boxes & my wife does not want to upgrade (I'm not convinced either).  On reading about the upgrade process, I see that the Upgrade will happen automatically 5 days after the remotes are delivered whether I like it or not.

Can you please advise how I can stop this process ASAP ?

2 REPLIES 2

jw1949
Dialled in

For your information - this is a copy of the chat !!

VM CHAT on 11/3/24

Just to let you know this is a messaging service and not live chat, so we may not be able to respond to your query immediately. Our wait times can vary, but we’ll get you to an agent as quickly as we can.

So that you can get on with your day, we’ll notify you as soon as an agent becomes available. Just keep this chat open, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.
--
We wanted to let you know that we are busier than expected today and as a result you may have to wait for a while to get connected to a member of the team. We are really sorry for any inconvenience and rest assured we are working hard to get to you as quickly as we can. Thank you so much for your understanding.
--
We are just connecting you to Syed who will be helping you today. They will be with you shortly.
--
Hello Jack, thankyou for contacting us and clearing the account security.
I am really sorry for the wait time, we are working on it to reduce as much as possible. I really appreciate your effort on answering the bot questions correctly. Hope you are doing well.

I can see that you have contacted us with regards to the services related query, where in you have stated that you would like to upgrade your one of the TV boxes to the TV 360 from V6 box.

Not to worry, I will surely go ahead and check what best can be done to resolve the issue and make you happy.

After checking with your account, I can see that you have two V6 boxes on the account and upgrading just one V6 box is not possible.
We will be able to upgrade both the TV boxes to TV 360.

Is that ok for you Jack?
--
I replied:
Hello Syed, not sure if I can persuade my “better half” to upgrade her box, but could you please explain or give me a link as to how I go about upgrading.
--
I totally get this Jack.
But, as a customer you will not be able to get the TV upgraded by yourself.

You will have to contact us and we will help you in upgrading the TV box from our side.

I hope you understand the limitations and the terms and conditions set by the company.
--
I replied again:
No. I have read on the VM community site that if you send me a 360 remote I can upgrade the box myself - is that incorrect ?
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360
--
I just did confirm on this and got to know that as a customer you can get the TV upgraded from your side using the link that you have shared.

Also, I have booked the TV 360 remote on your account and that will help you get the TV upgraded to TV360 on your account.
The remote will be sent to you within the next 3working days from now.

I hope this shall be of some help for you.
--
I just did confirm on this and got to know that as a customer you can get the TV upgraded from your side using the link that you have shared.

Also, I have booked the TV 360 remote on your account and that will help you get the TV upgraded to TV360 on your account.
The remote will be sent to you within the next 3working days from now.

I’m glad I was able to get it sorted for you. It was my pleasure assisting you today.
To see your bills online, make sure you’ve registered and signed into your My Virgin Media account, then tick the box for e-Billing and you’re good to go.

Thank you for contacting our chat support. I am now closing this chat. If you have any more issues, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Also, for any more help and support you can head up to “Virginmeida.com/help”

We wanted to let you know we have dedicated support pages on our website where in future you can:
View your Bill current and past bills and get a detailed breakdown of your bill
View your contract if you joined us recently
Download Copies of your Bill in PDF
Change or Cancel your Direct Debit
Make a Payment
Please just follow the link and sign in, if you have not yet registered for MYVM you can do this here
https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/billing-and-payment/my-virgin-media/billing.
Have a great day, Bye!😊
-_____

I think I've been scammed !!!

Hi jw1949, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there's been some confusion around your upgrade to 360. Whilst it's possible for you to do this at home yourself, you will not be able to only upgrade one of the V6 boxes. It's an all or nothing situation I'm afraid. Once the remotes are confirmed as delivered, the upgrade would be processed on the boxes automatically. 

This is something we can certainly look in to for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs