cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about April increases

zzler
Joining in

I'm due to renew my contract soon. My main concern is that even if I end up with a good price in theory, it'll all change in April with the RPI+4% increase - so there's potentially a big difference between a contract for £50 discounted to £30 and a contract for £100 discounted to £30, since if the increase is applied to that "underlying" price, the latter will increase significantly more in April. Am I right in that thinking, and is there anything I can do about that?

3 REPLIES 3

psul
Tuning in

Previously the increase has always been applied to the undiscounted price. We really need clarity on what the situation is now. 

My minimum term ends in February and I will certainly not recontract if there is going to be a massive hike to the undiscounted price just a couple of months later.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, zzler.
Thanks for taking the time to join our forums and a warm welcome to the VM community, glad to have you on board! 🙂

We'd like to advise on your query above, sorry to see you're not happy with the price changes scheduled for April '24 as those are part of our T&Cs as seen here - page 8, paragraph K.

Based on this, any price adjustments will be made on the price you're paying at the time (not the value before discount, if discounts apply).

If you're not in contract, this will be calculated based on the price after your contract has expired which is viewable online (contract/package info or your contract copy).

We wouldn't be able to offer the option to cancel a contract without termination fees due to this change however, which means you can do this during the last month before it expires.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions or concerns and we're happy to best support you.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs