cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not allowed the new Stream service

shaunvstheworld
Joining in

I had an email telling me about the new stream service from virgin media, sounded perfect to me as I only mainly use streaming services, being able to subscribe to them through virgin at a discount sounded great! 

T's and C's make it clear it's at no extra cost, aside from a connection fee, so I tried to sign up through the online chat. 

I am not lying here, they kept me chatting online for SIX HOURS, and 4 different people. Everyone I spoke to echoed the same message

"You dont want stream, it's rubbish, it has hardly any channels, and you cant record live tv. Sign up for this £48 TV service that you dont need instead". 

Eventually I called as I was making no progress through the online chat, they all seemed to be being horrible about the new product. I got through to retentions who told me my 500mb broadband deal I got a few months ago is "too low cost" and I'd need to pay more if I wanted stream, specifically £5 a month more.

My next step was to raise to ombudsman as even the complaints team weren't listening. that was about a month ago, and since then Ombudsman has received a dispute from virgin over the acceptance of my complaint, so they have since closed my complaint with no dialogue or reason. 

I have of course called virgin again, and was given an email address, and told to wait 48 hours. 

vmo2adr AT libertyglobal DOT com

I do of course see this all as a stalling tactic, I think it's a shame they are so desperate for money they try and trick people in to paying more, upselling packages to you that you dont need, or sneaking in an extra charge making you think that they are doing you a favour. I will of course continue to push this. If I don't get a response from this email address and the ombudsman refuse to accept the complaint I'll just have to claim the monetary value of my complaint through the courts. will keep you updated! 

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @shaunvstheworld,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with our service and trying to add the Stream service, I would like to look into this with you and see if we can resolve the complaint here, I will just note if this is with our ADR team I am limited in what I can discuss but would like to check upon this with you, for me to do so I will be sending you a quick private message.

Joe

Worried this might be a public gesture to show they are responding to issues posted on the forums. For transparency, he asked me a few personal questions yesterday which I answered and hasn’t responded since. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @shaunvstheworld

Joseph_B  along the rest of the forum team work on a rota basis, the same as the telephone agents, and also often also work on VM's social media sites.  It's very possible that his shift ended before he could get back to you again, or that he is busy working with other colleagues/departments to progress your issue. It's also possible that it's one of his roster days off.  As such this isn't an instant messaging platform but I'm sure Joseph_B will respond when he's next online.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali