cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No resolution after 4 months, don't know where to turn now

SH09
Joining in

I have been trying to resolve this issue for over 4 months now, and I am utterly exhausted and mentally drained trying to deal with this. It has by far been the most appalling customer service I have ever experienced and I feel completely messed around by everyone I speak to, as they are either unaware of how to resolve the situation, promise a call back (which they never make), or provide incorrect assurances that the issue will sort itself out.

I finally thought I had made some progress on the issues when I called Virgin Media on behalf of my 83-year-old grandma on 20 January 2024. I ended up speaking to a supervisor who put my grandma on a new contract and finally added the rolling credit that had been missing from her account to bring the monthly bill down to £27 per month. He also applied a one-off credit of £72 to backdate the overpayments she had made, as she was paying £39 per month, when she should have only paid £27 per month for her package from the end of September 2023.

However, it was only after I checked her online account that I saw that the rolling credit was not applied correctly. A rolling credit of £31 was applied; however, the total cost of the package is £81 per month, therefore bringing the total cost to £51 per month, not the agreed £27 per month. I am now worried about £51 being taken out of my grandma's account in less than 2 weeks when the direct debit comes out and £51 coming out of her account every month until the issue is resolved, which could be another few months from the experience I have had so far in dealing with Virgin Media.

Since discovering this error, I have called four times to try and resolve the issue. On each occasion, I have been told that either the issues will be resolved, wait for the credit to be processed, or a callback, and on each occasion, the credit has never been processed, and representatives have failed to keep their promise of a callback. Every time a representative sends a form for a rolling credit (RK) to be applied, the relevant team within Virgin Media has failed to apply it. The total rolling credit that should be applied should be £57 per month (not £31) to bring the cost down to the previously agreed amount of £27 per month.

Nobody at Virgin Media seems to take ownership of this situation, and it feels like I’m constantly speaking to a brick wall that can't sort this situation out, it seems like something is going wrong internally within Viring Media crediting progress for this to still not have been fixed. In less than 2 weeks, my grandma will be charged £51, £24 more than she should be paying. This will really affect her. Please does anyone have any advice about what I should do to get this resolved? I have sent multiple emails, had phone calls which probably totalled over 10 hours, and have even made a complaint, but nothing seems to work, and I don't understand how Virgin Media has not been able to sort this out yet. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SH09 

Welcome to the community forums 

So sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your grandma's billing. 
We can certainly look at our side to see what has happened and assist in any way we can to get this resolved for her and yourself. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining us on private message @SH09 
Glad to hear that the team have been able to confirm and get this sorted for you. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley