cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all obviously as a new customer to VM, only my second week. I’m still finding my way navigating the set up and accessing my account.

I’ve access to my contract, but little else. Every time I attempt to either change an item of my profile I’m sent around in circles asking for verification of my current details which then invariably tell me the security key has timed out.

Whilst I appreciate that security is paramount and its function is to protect its users, it appears I’m essentially locked out of any actual interaction with the profile I initially set up.

My current VM account when I access the overview section informs me “you left virgin media”!

Any attempt at setting up my email with VM simply states you security has timed out!

I did manage a web chat with an advisor, who assured me that I needed to set up another account in a different email. This I duly attempted but once again kept going round in circles.

Not a good start to a new 18 month contract. I do have a text message informing me I’m due for installation, but alas I’m yet to see this verified in my account.

Any suggestions, comments or general observations regarding this would be welcomed.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fusileer, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issue you're having in accessing your online account. 

To confirm, are you services all installed?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fusileer, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issue you're having in accessing your online account. 

To confirm, are you services all installed?

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Martin I'm fully up and running as of 27/03/2024. I've purposely left trying to sign in for a few days.

When I'm attempting to sign into my mail, I'm simply going round in circles of  request a change of password then finding you link has expired! in essence all I can do is sign into my media which allows me to view my contract. No email link, it simply states your virgin email account is currently unavailable.

Its my guess that although I'm up and running with my products, the Virgin  IT system is woefully slow in recognising this!

I've no doubt of course that the DD system will be fully functional!!!!

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for getting back to us on this. To clarify, it's only signing into and accessing the email account that you have issues with currently? You can access the My Virgin Media account and make changes elsewhere when necessary?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zach
Apologies, I’ve obviously misled you. Just to clear up any confusion, I can’t actually log into any of the online apps from Virgin. I have no access whatsoever to the virgin media app, the email facility linked to this, or anything else of help to a new customer.
I finally managed to find a link to a web chat to establish just what is going on yesterday. Your colleagues were unfortunately unable to rectify this, and I’m now awaiting the involvement of your IT department.
Rest assured I’m reasonably IT skilled and actually hold a few qualifications. If I’m having issues with what should be a simple case of setting up and logging into an account as a new user, I dread to think what someone less capable must be suffering.
Your self help system is archaic and one of the most user unfriendly systems I’ve ever had the misfortune to experience. Despite my perseverance I still find myself unable access the basic needs of a customer, IE contract, billing, direct debit information, payment date, and of course where to obtain help!
If by close of business Friday I’ve not heard from Virgin Media, it’s my intention to firstly cancel my direct debit to you. This I find normally results in a response!
Furthermore I’m now considering that I’ve made a dreadful mistake in entering into a contract with a company whose flippant disregard of customer’s basic needs speaks volumes of its insidious nature. As such I’m now less than 7 days away from my cooling off period ending which I won’t hesitate to action before this farce continues to escalate into something which will require the help of ofcom.

Hi frusileer,

Thanks for your response.

I am really sorry that you feel this way and to hear of all the trouble you've gone through in an attempt to get this sorted. We'd really like to try and help you with this and see what the most recent update is from the IT Team.

I've sent you a private message so we can look at your account and do everything we can to offer a solution.

Beth