cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery monthly charge

Billhelp
Joining in

Update: thanks to Reddit and a deep dive back through my records I've found that I was originally correct, this was linked to a device plan from Virgin mobile. My problem now is that I can log into the Virgin credit agreement page but links to manage the account are broken, so there is no way to pay off the remaining balance. If I ring Virgin, they will direct me to o2, who can't help me with a credit agreement I made with Virgin. 

I raised a query about this on the customer service chat a few months ago but it isn't resolved. I have been charged £12 by Virgin Media for more than 18 months and I can't find an explanation for this on any bill or email. Obviously I'm at fault for not querying this earlier, I assumed it was related to my old virgin mobile contracts but checking my bank records, the mobile charges were listed as virgin mobile and not virgin media. 

I raised the query with the customer service chat a few months ago. They said the additional £12 was taken every month because I was out of contract on my broadband package and the 12 was the difference when my new customer offer eneded. My bill went from £20+ to £50+ when my old contract ended and the £12 was charged in addition to both of those payments, so the explanation doesn't make sense. I assumed that when my new Broadband contract started in February '24 the £12 charge would stop. It hasn't. 

I want to find out why that £12 has been taken for nearly two years with no bill or invoice to account for it, and I'd like to know if I'm eligible for a refund. I must have agreed to the charge when it was first set up but can't find any record of what it os for. I have cancelled the direct debit for that £12 until I get an explanation for the charge.

I haven't got time to spend hours (it took 4 hours for my last query) resolving this on the customer service chat function. Help please! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Billhelp 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums, apologies for the issues that you are having with your account, for handset loans, you can reach out to the team here 📞 0345 602 4420. For further investigation to your other queries, we would need to bring you in for a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Billhelp 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums, apologies for the issues that you are having with your account, for handset loans, you can reach out to the team here 📞 0345 602 4420. For further investigation to your other queries, we would need to bring you in for a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Thank you, I spoke to the team on the number you provided and have sorted the account with them. This is resolved now.

Hi @Billhelp thanks for your reply here.
We're glad this has been resolved for you!
In the meantime, please take care.

Many thanks

Tom_W